Microsoft has launched Outlook.com, a completely redesigned personal email service. If you’ve already upgraded your existing Hotmail account to this one – or registered on Outlook.com for a new account, you might be happy to know that you can get an additional account. @outlook.com email alias.
Having an email alias is very useful if you don’t want to give your primary email id to someone and don’t want to create a new one, but rather manage the account from your existing account. This way, you can easily use different email ids for different things.
Create email id alias @outlook.com
- To create an @outlook.com email alias, click the Settings icon in the top right.
- Then click Mail > Sync email > Manage or choose a primary alias.
- Then click on Add email > Create a new email address and add it as an alias
- Outlook will now ask you if you want mail addressed to this ID to go to a new folder or the existing inbox. You can also rename the new folder. Make your choice and click Done. Your new folder will be created.
- Return to the previous page, then you can set them as your primary email account.
To send email from this alias, click your address above the To line in the message and select your alias from the list. If you set up a separate inbox folder for your alias, messages sent to that alias will go there. Otherwise, messages sent to your alias will go to your regular inbox. You cannot log into your account with your alias; you will need to log in with your usual address.
Someone here created your new email alias?
Can you use the Outlook email alias to connect to Microsoft services?
Yes you can. Any number of aliases can be used to sign in to all Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, Office, Xbox, Windows, etc. You can also choose a different alias to be the primary at any time.
What email ID will appear on Windows devices?
It will show the original email address or if you choose to set one of the aliases as primary it will show on Windows. This is handy if you want to hide your original email account.
Related : Fix Discord RTC Connecting No Route Error on Windows 11