If you recently switched to the Firefox browser and want import passwords into firefox from another browser like Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, then follow these steps. Whether you use Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or any other browser, you can import bookmarks, cookies, browsing history, and passwords from that browser to Firefox without using any third-party service or software.
Suppose you recently migrated from Chrome to Firefox and want to migrate all saved passwords from the old browser to Firefox. Although saving passwords in the browser is not recommended, many people do this instead of using a password manager for Windows. If you have already done this and want to continue doing the same, you should follow this tutorial.
How to Import Passwords from Chrome to Firefox
To import passwords into Firefox from another browser, follow these steps-
- Open the Firefox browser on your computer.
- Click the hamburger icon or the Menu button.
- Select the Usernames and passwords option.
- Click on the three dots icon.
- To select Import from another browser option.
- Select the source browser and click on the Next button.
- Select only Saved passwords and click on the Next button.
- Hit it Finish button and verify your passwords.
To learn more about these steps, read on.
Open the Firefox browser on your computer. After that, click on the menu button which looks like a hamburger icon, visible at the top right corner of the Firefox window. After that select the Usernames and passwords option. Alternatively, you can type about:connections in the address bar, and press the Enter button.
Now click on the three dots icon and select Import from another browser option.
The next window will show some browsers from which you can export all saved passwords. You need to select a browser from the list and click on the Next button.
After that, uncheck all the boxes except Saved passwords. Then click on the Next button.
For your information, if you want to import other data such as browsing history, cookies, etc., you can check the corresponding boxes.
Related : How can you find beta users to test your app?
If everything is done correctly, a success message should appear and you should click on the button Finish button. Then you can find all passwords exported from other browsers to Firefox in the Usernames and passwords the window.
That’s all! I hope this tutorial will help you.
- Export Firefox Passwords
- Import passwords to Firefox browser from Chrome
- Import passwords to Chrome browser from another browser
- Import or export passwords in Edge browser.