I think many users found that when using WhatsApp to backup data on Android, the speed is very slow and may always stay at 0%. For the situation of WhatsApp Backup Stuck on Android , many methods have been given on the internet. Below we will analyze these operation methods, including the specific operation steps.
Part 1: 5 Ways to Restore Stuck WhatsApp Backup on Android
1.1 Verify Google Account and Google Cloud Storage
First, make sure you’re signed in with your Google Account on WhatsApp:
– Launch WhatsApp and tap on the menu at the top right.
– Then tap Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Google Accounts > Add Account option.
– Enter your Google account and click Save.
If you’re signed in to your account but WhatsApp can’t complete the backup, check your Google Account cloud storage. Just go to Google Drive on your computer and check the available storage space.
1.2 Clear WhatsApp cache
If the application is used for a long time and has not been cleaned for a long time, it will accumulate a large cache, which will block the backup. Then we can clear the cache by:
First, open your device’s Settings > Applications/Application manager,
Then select WhatsApp. Go to its storage and tap “Clear Cache” to reset its cached data.
1.3 Restart your Android phone
Restarting the phone can also fix the WhatsApp chat backup stuck issue.
1.4 Update to the latest Android system
Older Android operating systems may not work well on mobile devices, so you will need to update to the latest operating system.
Open Settings and select Software update.
Then your phone will automatically download the latest operating system and install it.
1.5 Factory Reset
A factory reset on Android can remove most redundant data from your device, but it can also lose some files. Therefore, you should back up important files in advance and then restore your Android phone to factory settings:
Related : 3 Ways to Replace and Reduce Your Windows Desktop Shortcut Clutter
– Turn off the phone, press and hold volume up and power buttons. Release the keys when you see the Android robot appear.
– Select the option “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” > “Yes – delete all user data”.
– Then select the option “Reboot system now”.
UnicTool Chat Mover WhatsApp Transfer is a desktop application to backup and restore WhatsApp messages and transfer WhatsApp data between iPhone and Android. It can backup/restore all WhatsApp data including texts, voice chats, photos, videos, documents and more with just one click.
How to use ChatMover to backup WhatsApp?
- Download UnicTool ChatMover app from UnicTool.com.
- Select “Backup” and connect your Android phone to the computer. You can then choose to backup WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business.
- Choose Backup WhatsApp, then wait for the backup to complete. The backup time depends on the size of your WhatsApp data.
Above the introduction, you learned how to fix WhatsApp backup stuck on Android devices easily. Moreover, with UnicTool ChatMover WhatsApp Backup tool, you can quickly backup WhatsApp data and quickly transfer them to computer or other mobile devices.